Thursday, July 10, 2014




So today, for breakfast, we had our usual scrambled eggs, but with a little different twist.  Every once in awhile I like to put salsa or pico de gallo on my scrambled eggs, but the other day I had made an avocado and mango salsa for some fish that we had for dinner and I thought, "Why not?"  So I put some mango in with my usual pico de gallo and put it on top of my eggs... it was delish!

Here it's shown on fish, but you get the idea...



I'll even share the recipe with you!

Avocado Mango Salsa

1 c. diced fresh tomatoes
1/4 c. diced onion
1/4 c. diced cilantro
1/2 c. diced bell pepper
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 small mango, cubed
1 small ripe avocado
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
juice of one fresh lime

* Mix it all together and let it sit for a day to blend the flavors.  I have recently discovered a handy little tool called the Nicer Dicer plus.  It makes really quick work of all that dicing!  As you can see, this is really great on fish or chicken, too.  This makes a very healthy meal because of all the veggies.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment