Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cookie-Brownie-Reeses Cup Dessert

I found a recipe for some yummy looking brownies the other day on Facebook and decided to give them a try.  While we were on our mission, I would make them for the missionaries and they really loved them.  I liked them because they were a quick and easy dessert.

So, I started out with baking cups.  The original recipe didn't use them, but I don't like a mess, so I used them...


Next, the recipe called for refrigerator cookie dough, 
but I made my own and just put a spoonful of dough in each cup.


Next comes the yummy part.  Place a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup upside down 
on top of the cookie dough and press slightly to flatten out the dough.


Next place a spoonful of prepared Brownie mix on top of the Peanut Butter Cup.  I used Ghiradelli's box mix, found at Costco.  I have come to love this brand and the missionaries love it, too!


After baking at 350* for 18 minutes, they came out looking like this.  I think I would leave 
them inside the oven for just one more minute next time.  The inside was 
soft and gooey and super delicious!  Next time I will try baking them in a jelly roll pan...


ENJOY!




Optional for large batches...
At times I would make 160 brownies at a time for our missionaries, so I used a jelly roll pan, instead of the cupcake pan, which would yield 20 brownies.  I also added Kit Kat bars to the mix.  I had several missionaries tell me that it was the best brownie they had ever had.  I think I found a winner!

Again, I used my own cookie dough (enough for 36 cookies), the Ghiradelli Brownie mix (two bags), 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and 5 small Kit Kat bars. 

Start by greasing your pan.  Spread a little more than half the prepared brownie mix in the pan.  
Use about 1/3 of your cookie dough and drop by spoonfuls on top of the brownie mix.  You can mix it into the brownie mix just a little if you want.  
Next unwrap all the Reese's cups and while they are still in the black wrapper, cut them in half.  
Next unwrap all the Kit Kat bars and cut them in quarters.  You should have 40 half inch pieces of Kit Kats.  
Imagine where you will be cutting to yield 20 brownies and place the Reese's cups on top of the brownie and cookie dough, in each imagined square.  Next place two pieces of Kit Kat in each square. Spoon the rest of the brownie dough on top of the candies and try to cover up each candy just a touch.
The dough will look very lumpy, but that's okay.  And if the candy pokes through a bit, that's okay, too.  
Next, bake in a 325* oven for 50 minutes (that's according to the brownie recipe for two bags).
Cut the brownies when you take them out of the oven with a plastic knife.  Let cool for two hours and enjoy! 




1 comment: